Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Bucket List

The thing is, when I'm old and look back at my life, I should not have any regrets. I dont want to be that guy that had a safe life but did nothing extraordinary and regret on missing out on the finer things in life before dying.
Well sure there has to be a lot of compromises if one were to achieve even a few of the things that one wants to do. Creating a bucket list is easy. But achieving them is...well not so easy.
I hope to do atleast 60% of what i have listed as my bucket list before I die. Wish me luck.
Well here it is..


(X) Own a Royal Enfield bike
(X) Drop out of school – Dropped out of MSc

(X) Do Skydiving

(X) Do Parasailing

( ) Quit a job for a silly reason

(X) Go to Disney World
(X) Go to Manhattan, NYC
(X) Learn cooking
( ) Visit the pyramids in Egypt
( ) Visit Italy, UK, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, France
( ) Go to Washington, DC
( ) Go to Niagara falls

(X) Spend money gambling in Las Vegas

(X) Do an overnight drive across atleast two states

(X) Visit the Grand Canyon
( ) Visit the Taj Mahal

( ) Go to Alaska

( ) Go to Hawaii

( ) Bike ride across India

( ) Direct a movie

( ) Stand in an election and win it

(X) Study in one of the most prestigious institutes in the world – Yeah that’s right…Im starting my PGCPM in IIM Indore

(X) Meet with a CEO of a billion dollar company informally – Met Cognizant’s CEO over lunch

( ) Trace my ancestry to atleast 15 generations

( ) Play cricket in the Chepauk Stadium

(X) Watch Sachin Tendulkar score a century and win the match for India live in a stadium

( ) Meet Steve Waugh and tell him I’m his biggest fan even before he became the Aussie Captain

(X) Watch American Football live in a stadium
( ) Watch Manchester United win a Football game in Old Trafford stadium live
( ) Meet Rajinikanth and tell him I’m a huge fan

( ) Meet AR Rahman and tell him I’m a huge fan

( ) Meet Illayaraja and tell him I’m a huge fan
( ) Been in a hot air balloon
( ) Go Skiing

( ) Visit the Tanjore Temple
(X) Lived in more than one country
(X) Seen the Statue of Liberty
( ) Been in a rain forest in South America
( ) See a major sporting event (Olympics, Tennis Open finals, Cricket world cup finals)

( ) Been to Westminster Abbey
( ) Been to the Louvre

( ) Visit all the continents

(X) Visit the NASA

( ) Win a photography contest

( ) Be a freelance/professional photographer for National Geographic

( ) Watch Jerry Seinfeld performing live in NYC

( ) Be a part of the live audience of the Colbert Repor(t)

(X) Drink alcohol/ smoke cigarettes atleast once

( ) Work in ISRO on a Chandrayaan project

( ) Join the Indian Air Force (I applied for the Indian Navy while in high school, but my mom made a big deal out of it and prevented me from going for it. Looking back, thats the correct decision.)

No comments: